|USA returns atop cable with "Burn," "Royal"||Subtitles advertisement|
USA returns atop cable with "Burn," "Royal"
Article online since: 2010-06-09 00:36:41
Written by: Reuters
The return of USA Network's original drama series "Burn Notice" and "Royal Pains" helped return the channel to the top of the latest cable-ratings heap.
According to Nielsen Live+SD (same day) ratings for the week ending Sunday, USA delivered an average primetime audience of 3.5 million viewers.
The Season 4 premiere of "Burn Notice" scared up 6.6 million viewers Thursday. Lead-out "Royal Pains" began its sophomore run in front of 5.8 million viewers.
"In Plain Sight," the third original series on USA's spring schedule, drew 3.5 million viewers in its 10 p.m. Wednesday slot.
In second place for the week was Fox News Channel, which edged Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite by about 4,000 viewers. The news network averaged 1.9 million total viewers in primetime.
Nick/Nick at Night boasted the week's most-watched program on ad-supported cable, as the one-hour "iCarly" movie "iPsycho" drew 7.5 million viewers at 8 p.m. Friday.
Now that the NBA playoffs have advanced to the finals (and ABC), TNT dropped significantly, averaging 1.8 million viewers. The network drew its biggest crowd of the week with its first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race of the year, averaging 5.1 million viewers Sunday afternoon, down 8% compared with the year-ago 5.5 million total viewers.
Closing out the top five was A&E, which averaged 1.6 million viewers in primetime.
Among the week's biggest draws was the MTV Movie Awards, which captured 4.6 million viewers Sunday night, down 13% compared with last year's 5.3 million viewers.
|More articles > TV Series & Talk Show|
| - Aliens are coming!
- The True Blood wedding
- Oscar organizers ponder earlier show time
- Judge says Lohan violated terms of her bail
- Parties outweigh prizes at MTV award shows
- Brad Pitt joins US bid to host soccer World Cup in 2018
- Vampire mania alerts - true blood top video sales
- From Captain to Sir - Patrick Stewart
- Two new roles for the True Blood star
- Lindsay Lohan on bracelet
- Claudia Schiffer gives birth to girl
- 'Avatar' sells 6.7 million DVDs in 4 days
- Megan Fox protests school budget cuts with comedy
- Bigelow pioneers Oscars with `Hurt Locker' win
- Crazy crowd at "Twilight: New Moon" Los Angeles premiere
- Michael Jackson died last night. R.I.P. Mike
- Hollywood: Angelina Jolie gives birth to twins
- Stars Pay Tribute to Jazz Great Oscar Peterson
- Amazon Is Secret Buyer of Rowling's $3.9 Million 'Bard'
- Hollywood Writer Talks Collapse
- West and Winehouse Lead Grammy Nominees
- Wayne and Taylor Enter California Hall of Fame
- Cyrus Tops Highest-Earning-Teens List
- ABC Poised to Claim Victory in November Sweep
- Broadway Strike Deal Reached
- Bindi Irwin Turns to Hip-Hop
- Craig Shoots Down 'Anti-Religious' Claims
- Alba to Take on Broadway
- Timba Lands a Family
- Alicia: I Am No. 1
- Stars Under Threat from Malibu Fires
- 'Idol' Stars Underwood and Daughtry Are Triple Winners at AMAs
- Portman Named Style Queen
- Paige Returns to Spaces
- CBS Rather Annoyed at Newsman's Lawsuit
- Winehouse Dedicates Gig to Jailed Husband
- Broadway Strike Talks to Resume
- Winfrey's 'Devastated' over School-Abuse Allegations
- Britney's Mom to Write Parenting Book
- Jim Belushi Accused of Unloading a Lemon
- Akon Show Canceled after Stage Collapses
- 'Purple Rain' Greatest Film Soundtrack: 'Vanity Fair' Magazine
- Copperfield Sued for Cancelling Tour
- Stars Fear California Fires
- Scientology Gave Seinfeld His Start in Comedy
- Schwarzenegger Declares State of Emergency
- Actress Kerr Dies
- Criss Angel & Uri Geller Team Up for Magic Special
- Kanye, Common and T.I. Lead BET Hip-Hop Awards
- T.I. Arrested After Undercover Machine-Gun Deal