|Judge says Lohan violated terms of her bail||Subtitles advertisement|
Judge says Lohan violated terms of her bail
Article online since: 2010-06-09 00:33:35
Written by: Associated Press
Lindsay Lohan's alcohol-monitoring bracelet got her in trouble Tuesday with a judge who doubled the actress' bail to $200,000.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel determined Lohan violated the terms of her release after a closed-door meeting with the actress' attorney and a prosecutor. Revel did not detail the violation, but said her decision was made after receiving "results" issued by a court-ordered alcohol monitor.
District Attorney's spokeswoman Shiara Davila-Morales said it was an "alcohol-related violation," but did not have further details.
A source familiar with Lohan's case told The Associated Press that the violation was reported after the "Mean Girls" star appeared at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday night.
Lohan was not present in court Tuesday, but several denials of wrongdoing were posted on the actress' Twitter account shortly before and after the hastily called hearing.
Lohan's $200,000 bail was posted less than two hours after the hearing, a move that quashed a bench warrant issued for the actress' arrest by the judge.
Lohan's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, issued a statement Tuesday, saying the device indicated the "presence of a small amount of alcohol" on Sunday night.
"Having just received the report, I am not in a position to speak to its accuracy or validity, however Ms. Lohan maintains that she has been in complete compliance with all of the terms of her probation and her bail," Chapman Holley said in a statement.
Lohan has been required to wear the device since May, when she missed a court hearing. Lohan is due back in court on July 6, when Revel will decide whether Lohan has violated her probation.
Lohan, 23, is facing jail time if the judge determines she has failed to comply with the terms of her probation.
The actress has received multiple chances and admonishments from the court, which extended her probation in October by a year after Lohan struggled to complete the terms in time.
At the May hearing, Revel set Lohan's bail at $100,000, which she revoked on Tuesday. The judge also issued a bench warrant for Lohan's arrest, but that may be quashed if the actress is able to post the new bail amount. David Perez, a bail bondsman, posted Lohan's $100,000 bail last month and said he was not concerned with posting the additional sum ordered Tuesday. Authorities said they did not have additional details on what Lohan's alcohol-monitor registered in order to be found in violation. The bracelet is designed to test the skin for alcohol every half hour by sampling a person's perspiration. There are also sensors that check for tampering.
Lohan appeared at the MTV awards show on Sunday. She also attended at least one of the show's after-parties.
She covered up the ankle monitor on the show's red carpet by wearing long pants.
The actress has been on probation since August 2007 after pleading guilty to misdemeanor drug charges and no contest to three driving charges.
Despite spending 84 minutes in jail and performing mandatory service at the county morgue, Lohan has repeatedly struggled with the terms of her sentence. In October, a judge extended her probation for another year but Meyers warned the actress she was facing jail time if she violated her probation.
The extension was the third time Lohan escaped punishment after her alcohol-education program notified the court the actress had violated its rules. Two of the instances were described as misunderstandings; the third was chalked up to a busy work schedule.
Chapman Holley said Lohan missed the hearing last month because her passport had been stolen while the actress was at the Cannes Film Festival.
|More articles > Entertainment News|
| - Aliens are coming!
- The True Blood wedding
- Oscar organizers ponder earlier show time
- Parties outweigh prizes at MTV award shows
- Brad Pitt joins US bid to host soccer World Cup in 2018
- Vampire mania alerts - true blood top video sales
- From Captain to Sir - Patrick Stewart
- Two new roles for the True Blood star
- Lindsay Lohan on bracelet
- Claudia Schiffer gives birth to girl
- 'Avatar' sells 6.7 million DVDs in 4 days
- Megan Fox protests school budget cuts with comedy
- Bigelow pioneers Oscars with `Hurt Locker' win
- Crazy crowd at "Twilight: New Moon" Los Angeles premiere
- Michael Jackson died last night. R.I.P. Mike
- Hollywood: Angelina Jolie gives birth to twins
- Stars Pay Tribute to Jazz Great Oscar Peterson
- Amazon Is Secret Buyer of Rowling's $3.9 Million 'Bard'
- Hollywood Writer Talks Collapse
- West and Winehouse Lead Grammy Nominees
- Wayne and Taylor Enter California Hall of Fame
- Cyrus Tops Highest-Earning-Teens List
- ABC Poised to Claim Victory in November Sweep
- Broadway Strike Deal Reached
- Bindi Irwin Turns to Hip-Hop
- Craig Shoots Down 'Anti-Religious' Claims
- Alba to Take on Broadway
- Timba Lands a Family
- Alicia: I Am No. 1
- Stars Under Threat from Malibu Fires
- 'Idol' Stars Underwood and Daughtry Are Triple Winners at AMAs
- Portman Named Style Queen
- Paige Returns to Spaces
- CBS Rather Annoyed at Newsman's Lawsuit
- Winehouse Dedicates Gig to Jailed Husband
- Broadway Strike Talks to Resume
- Winfrey's 'Devastated' over School-Abuse Allegations
- Britney's Mom to Write Parenting Book
- Jim Belushi Accused of Unloading a Lemon
- Akon Show Canceled after Stage Collapses
- 'Purple Rain' Greatest Film Soundtrack: 'Vanity Fair' Magazine
- Copperfield Sued for Cancelling Tour
- Stars Fear California Fires
- Scientology Gave Seinfeld His Start in Comedy
- Schwarzenegger Declares State of Emergency
- Actress Kerr Dies
- Criss Angel & Uri Geller Team Up for Magic Special
- Kanye, Common and T.I. Lead BET Hip-Hop Awards
- T.I. Arrested After Undercover Machine-Gun Deal