|Copperfield Sued for Cancelling Tour||Subtitles advertisement|
Copperfield Sued for Cancelling Tour
Article online since: 2007-10-26 06:27:28
Written by: anca axenia
Illusionist David Copperfield has lost his magic touch--now he's being sued for cancelling Southeast Asia tour dates at the last minute.
Copperfield scrapped the shows after learning he was at the center of a new FBI probe into a rape claim against him.
FBI agents reportedly seized computer equipment in a raid on a warehouse Copperfield owns in Las Vegas last week.
The 51-year-old was due to perform in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore in the coming weeks, but cancelled on Sunday.
And now promoters at Viva Art International Limited and MAZ Concerts Inc. have filed a civil lawsuit in the Superior Court of Los Angeles County for breach of contract.
Viva & MAZ bosses have demanded the return of several million dollars that were paid into an escrow account for Copperfield's performance in Southeast Asia.
Copperfield has reportedly refused to return any portion of the sum.
The magic man is under investigation by a federal grand jury in Seattle for sexual improprieties. An unnamed woman claims Copperfield raped her in the Bahamas.
|More articles > Entertainment News|
| - Aliens are coming!
- The True Blood wedding
- Oscar organizers ponder earlier show time
- Judge says Lohan violated terms of her bail
- Parties outweigh prizes at MTV award shows
- Brad Pitt joins US bid to host soccer World Cup in 2018
- Vampire mania alerts - true blood top video sales
- From Captain to Sir - Patrick Stewart
- Two new roles for the True Blood star
- Lindsay Lohan on bracelet
- Claudia Schiffer gives birth to girl
- 'Avatar' sells 6.7 million DVDs in 4 days
- Megan Fox protests school budget cuts with comedy
- Bigelow pioneers Oscars with `Hurt Locker' win
- Crazy crowd at "Twilight: New Moon" Los Angeles premiere
- Michael Jackson died last night. R.I.P. Mike
- Hollywood: Angelina Jolie gives birth to twins
- Stars Pay Tribute to Jazz Great Oscar Peterson
- Amazon Is Secret Buyer of Rowling's $3.9 Million 'Bard'
- Hollywood Writer Talks Collapse
- West and Winehouse Lead Grammy Nominees
- Wayne and Taylor Enter California Hall of Fame
- Cyrus Tops Highest-Earning-Teens List
- ABC Poised to Claim Victory in November Sweep
- Broadway Strike Deal Reached
- Bindi Irwin Turns to Hip-Hop
- Craig Shoots Down 'Anti-Religious' Claims
- Alba to Take on Broadway
- Timba Lands a Family
- Alicia: I Am No. 1
- Stars Under Threat from Malibu Fires
- 'Idol' Stars Underwood and Daughtry Are Triple Winners at AMAs
- Portman Named Style Queen
- Paige Returns to Spaces
- CBS Rather Annoyed at Newsman's Lawsuit
- Winehouse Dedicates Gig to Jailed Husband
- Broadway Strike Talks to Resume
- Winfrey's 'Devastated' over School-Abuse Allegations
- Britney's Mom to Write Parenting Book
- Jim Belushi Accused of Unloading a Lemon
- Akon Show Canceled after Stage Collapses
- 'Purple Rain' Greatest Film Soundtrack: 'Vanity Fair' Magazine
- Stars Fear California Fires
- Scientology Gave Seinfeld His Start in Comedy
- Schwarzenegger Declares State of Emergency
- Actress Kerr Dies
- Criss Angel & Uri Geller Team Up for Magic Special
- Kanye, Common and T.I. Lead BET Hip-Hop Awards
- T.I. Arrested After Undercover Machine-Gun Deal